TikTok made us do it ! – Stuffed French Toast
Tiktok is at it again! Tempting me with recipes that I simply MUST try! But today, my nephew Mason is joining us because he saw a recipe he simply had to make! This Stuffed French Toast is pretty easy to make (and tailor to your own likings) and boy is it good! The original recipe we saw on TikTok from @theJoshElkin only used egg for the dredge, but the following recipe is for the second half of the video when I did the true French toast dredge, which we liked much better. It’s definitely a recipe to give a try!
Interested in that Deluxe Electric Grill and Griddle? Here is the link (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Grilling/Deluxe+Electric+Grill+%26+Griddle/100348
Stuffed French Toast
Ingredients for batter:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for stuffing:
- Two bananas, sliced
- 4-6 tablespoons of nutella or peanut butter
- 8 slices texas toast or thick bread
- Optional: Cinnamon and sugar mixture (¼ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
- Optional: Powdered sugar
- Preheat the pan/griddle (very important)
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, syrup, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
- Spread the nutella or peanut butter on one side of a piece of bread.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Trim the edges of the bread for crisp lines (optional).
- Cut stuffed french toast in half for easier handling.
- When the pan/griddle is hot, butter it well and begin to dunk the french toast. Cover on all sides and get immediately on the pan/griddle.
- Cook for 30-60 seconds, on every side or until brown and crispy.
- Once out of the pan, roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture, or top with powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup or jelly for extra flavor.
#AdventuresinEverydayCooking #FrenchToast #BreakfastRecipes #HolidayRecipes
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com