Tombstone/Gravestone Sugar Cookie Recipe
Have you ever been handed a recipe and thought, “huh, this doesn’t look right?” Enter this recipe.
It was sugar cookie time in AEC land and I asked my mother-in-law for her go-to recipe for the best sugar cookie, and she sent me a screen shot of a tombstone/gravestone in Iowa. At first I was like… “say what?” Then I read the recipe and honestly, I thought she was having me on. But after a little googling, I realized that this recipe was not a joke and that others did a similar variation. But in true Adventures in Everyday Cooking form… I decided to film it. And okay… we got a money cookie.
Thank you to Rachel for suggesting this recipe and a huge thanks to the family of Maxine Menster for sharing your mom’s recipe with the rest of the world.
Tombstone/Gravestone Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of cream
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- WIth a hand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and the cup of cream until completely combined.
- Flatten into a disk and wrap in cling film. Chill for several hours or overnight before you attempt to roll out.
- Roll out on a well floured surface and cut your shapes.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until the cookies are just turning golden, but not brown.
- Cool completely before icing.
#christmascookies #SugarCookies #adventuresineverydaycooking #christmasrecipes
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com