Italian Almond Paste Cookie
Are you searching for a new Christmas cookie? Look no further! This cookie has it all! Chewy, crunchy, nutty, naturally gluten free goodness! Using the homemade almond paste we made earlier this week (http://adventuresineverydaycooking.com/recipes/almond-paste/), these cookies are easily the best cookie you’ll make this year! They are sooooo delicious!
Italian Almond Paste Cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 8 ounces almond paste
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup almond flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- sliced almonds, for the tops
- WIth a hand mixer (not stand mixer) beat the egg whites until frothy and white.
- Break up almond paste in smaller chunks and add to the beaten egg whites along with almond flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line your tray with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Portion out 1 inch balls placing them 1-2 inches apart on the tray. Dust balls with powdered sugar. Gently press 2-3 almonds into the tops of the cookies (don’t do just one).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until edges and bottoms start to brown.
- Cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
#AlmondPasteCookies #almondpaste #Almondrecipes #adventuresineverydaycooking #christmascookies
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking