My Favorite Granola
Granola is soo easy to make at home and believe it or not it’s very customizable! Using this base recipe you can add in your favorite nuts, fruits, and seeds! You can use any variations of fats and sugars. It comes together in just a few minutes and it’s soo additive you’ll have to make it several times throughout your week (so just make a double batch, trust me). You can also press this mixture into a smaller pan and make granola bars (or even add chocolate).
My Favorite Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup nuts, seeds (or a mixture)
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup flaxseed, wheat germ, chia (or a mixture)
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil, or butter
- ⅔ cups of maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup of brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dried fruit
- ½ cup raisins or cranberries (or a mixture)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 9×13 with parchment.
- Mix together oats, coconut, any nuts or seeds that need to be toasted. Spread onto prepared pan and toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- In an additional bowl, add all other dry ingredients you are using, including fruit. Mix in your toasted oat mixture.
- In a saucepan, add the coconut oil/butter, syrup/honey, brown/coconut sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil for one minute and stir constantly. Remove from heat and add in your vanilla.
- Pour your wet into the dry bowl and mix well.
- Pour your mixture onto your baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (Note, you can press this mixture into a smaller 9×13 pan and make bars).
- Once out of the oven, allow to cool only a couple minutes before picking up the edges of your parchment and separating anything that might be stuck together in a large clump.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com