Today I’m putting chicken to the ultimate method test in the #AirFryer, #sousvide, #PressureCooker, #GrillPress, oven, and stovetop*! This was extremely enlightening for everyone and even though our preferences were different when the marks were added up (ease of use, flavor, etc), we all agreed! Which method do you think worked best? Comment below!
*When I was looking at my instructions, it looks like I forgot to cover the stovetop chicken, which is probably where I went wrong there. *facepalm*
How to cook boneless chicken
- Chicken breast or thighs, boneless
- Marinade of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Pound chicken to half an inch thickness (this ensures even cooking and tender chicken). Marinate with desired flavors (or just salt and pepper). Cook for 18-20minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Marinate chicken. Set the air fryer to 400°F and set time for 15-20 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. Check the temp of the chicken at 15 minutes, and remove when the internal temp reaches 165°F.
Pressure Cooker Instructions:
- Marinate chicken. Pour marinade and chicken into the inner pot of your pressure cooker. Add ½ cup of extra liquid (water, broth, etc) if needed. Set your pot on high pressure for 6-10 minutes (add time for thicker pieces of chicken). At the end of the time, allow your pot to Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure. Check chicken temp right away. If the chicken is not at 165°F, reseal your lid and set your pot for another 1 minute.
Sous Vide Instructions:
- Marinate chicken. Set your immersion circulator to 165°F. Seal your chicken in a leak proof bag. Set your circulator for 1-4 hours for very juicy tender chicken. Set your time for 4-8 hours for a fall off the bone braised chicken.
Stove Top Instructions:
- Marinate your chicken. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a skillet (cast iron preferred). If your chicken still has skin on it, put your chicken skin side down. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over, cover and cook an additional 7-9 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F.
Grill Press Instructions (with probe):
- Marinate your chicken then before it goes on the grill, pat your chicken dry. Heat grill to 400 and insert your temp probe. Set your ideal temp to 160°F (The residual heat from the grill will continue to cook your chicken for about 5 minutes and help it reach the ideal temp of 165°F) and get your chicken on the grill. Allow the top to press lightly (heavy press will squeeze out all the juices). This will take 5-9 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Music: Trimmed & Taught – Dan Lebowitz: https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/danlebowitz