Which method works best? (Salmon)
After a long delay (Okay, maybe I was stalling) it’s time to do the salmon battle!! I’ve taken 6 pieces of salmon, seasoned them exactly the same, then cooked them all of the different ways! We are putting the Sous Vide, Pressure Cooker, Air Fryer, Stovetop, Oven, and the Grill to the test for this fish to see which one cooks it best! What do you think is going to win this time? I’m so pleased at the results!
* Anova Sous Vid (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3CurMPg
* Deluxe Electric Grill (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Grilling/Deluxe+Electric+Grill+%26+Griddle/100348
* Deluxe Air Fryer (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Air+Fryer/Deluxe+Air+Fryer/100194
* Deluxe Multi Cooker (personal website) https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Pressure+Cooker/Deluxe+Multi+Cooker/100659 or * Instant Pot Duo (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3pFSD2X
* Stovetop Burner (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3CsioeG
* Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
* Cast Iron (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Gifts/For+Him/Cast+Iron+Skillet+Set/100229
How to cook 1 pound salmon filets
Brush your salmon filet with oil and season with your rub of choice and allow it to marinate for at
least two hours before moving on to cooking.
● Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place filets on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the fish
reaches desired temp* or it flakes with a fork.
Air Fryer Instructions:
● Preheat the air fryer to 380°F. Air fry for 6-10 minutes or until the filet reaches desired temp* or it
flakes with a fork.
Pressure Cooker Instructions:
● Place 1 cup of water in the inner pot of your pressure cooker. Place your wire rack over the top of
the water. Place the filet on the wire rack but make sure it’s not touching the water. Seal your pot
and set your pressure cooker for 4 minutes. When the time is over, quick release the pressure and
remove the lid. Check the filet for desired temp* or flake it with a fork.
Sous Vide Instructions:
●Set your immersion circulator to 5° under your desired temp*. Seal your filet in a bag and drop it
down into your water. If it floats, use a pair of tongs to keep it under. Set your timer for 60 minutes.
When the time is up, remove from the bag and sear the skin of the fish with a kitchen torch, or on a
hot frying pan with a little oil.
Stove Top Instructions:
● Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in your nonstick skillet over medium-heat. Place salmon in the pan, skin
side up, for 4 minutes. Carefully flip your filet over and cook skin side down for 4-5 minutes.
Grill Press Instructions (with probe):
● Preheat your grill to 400°F and set the probe to 5° under your desired temp*. Insert your probe
into the middle of your filet. Lightly oil your grill press grates and place the filet on the grill. Close
your grill but just allow it to touch lightly. Press start. When it comes to the right temp, remove the
filet and allow it to rest and finish on the platter/plate.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, the thickest part of a piece of cooked
salmon should have a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit—which will be a
very firm, well-done piece of fish.
● Rare Salmon. Less than 120 degrees F.
● Medium-Rare Salmon. 125 degrees F to 130 degrees F.
● Medium Salmon. 135 degrees F to 140 degrees F (the sweet spot!).
● Well-Done Salmon. 145 degrees F or more (please don’t do this).
#AdventuresinEverydayCooking #Salmon #MethodCooking
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com