Whole chicken in the microwave?!
Can you seriously cook a whole chicken in the microwave and have it be not only edible, but actually good?! Well, let’s find out. A few months ago someone asked me if you could cook chicken in the microwave (think dorm rooms!), so today I’m trying it and the results will surprise you!
- Deep Covered Baker (affiliate link): https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Deep+Covered+Baker/1437
- Chef’s Tongs (affiliate link): https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Large+Chef%27s+Tongs/2955
- Large Grooved Cutting Board (affiliate link): https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Large+Grooved+Cutting+Board/1023
- Kinders Buttery Steak Seasoning (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3qiSMe0
How to cook a whole chicken
- Whole chicken, defrosted
- Oil for skin
- Salt and pepper, to taste (or seasonings of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/210°C. Oil and season your chicken. Place chicken into a roasting pan breast side up. Bake for 75 minutes, basting half-way through your time. Check the temp of the chicken for around 60 minutes and remove from the oven when the internal temp reaches 165°F. Out of the oven, cover with lid (or foil) and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Oil and season your chicken. Place chicken into the basket of your air fryer, breast side down. Set the air fryer to 360°F and set time for 60 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. Check the temp of the chicken at 45 minutes, and remove when the internal temp reaches 165°F.
- For rotisserie function: Season your chicken. Install your chicken onto the metal rotisserie rod (or squish into the rotating basket). Make sure you tie up the legs and wings so they do not get caught i the machine. Install your chicken into the air fryer. Use the Rotisserie function at 400°F for 45 minutes. Check the temp of the chicken at 35 minutes, and remove when the internal temp reaches 165°F
Pressure Cooker Instructions:
- Season your chicken (omit oil). Place wire rack/trivet inside the inner pot. Add 1 cup of water. Place the whole chicken into the inner pot on top of the rack (not in the water). Seal the lid and set your pot on high pressure for 14 minutes. At the end of the time, allow your pot to Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure. Check chicken temp right away at the thickest part of the bird. If the chicken is not at 165°F, reseal your lid and set your pot for another 1 minute.
Sous Vide Instructions:
- Oil and season your chicken. Set your immersion circulator to 150°F. Seal your chicken in a leak proof bag. Set your circulator for 6 hours. When timer goes off, heat your broiler to high. Take chicken out of the bag (reserve broth to use later), and place on a baking tray (with sides). Broil until the skin is golden brown which may take 5-7 minutes. Allow your chicken to rest before serving.
- Oil and season your chicken. Spray inside of a microwave safe baker with oil and place chicken into the baker. Microwave for 25-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking